Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

calm sustaining...memory sentence 2.19.13

Of all the things to remember from today, an ordinary, busy day with the usual challenges and failures and successes, and along with such fun things as Dad has packed the shoes I left there to mail them to me since I need them when it rains...and that I filed my tax return today YAY...the thing most memorable today is how calm and quiet it is right now. I am sitting on the back porch trying to gather the energy to work on my flash fiction...but I am distracted by the lingering music on a website where I am praying daily with Lent.  The temp is probably about 75 and the sky has billowing dark grey clouds but probably not going to rain.  and nothing is moving.  There is no breeze whatsoever.  None.  And this gorgeous harp music is lulling me into a kind of delicious empty-mindedness.  Soon I will have to go find dinner...but right now, this music!  It inspires me to study how to put links on the blog...but until then, check out www.sacredspace.ie and click on the daily prayer...and when it comes up, notice at the bottom the speaker icon...when it shows the X over it, it is on...and it is hynoptic...delicious...

as for the Lenten reflection...the Scripture today is about prayer and the exhortation not to heap up empty words as the Gentiles do...my "lectio" then is about the power of words...the importance of choosing carefully...especially in prayer where perhaps it is better to BE than to speak...

No comments:

Post a Comment