Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

040613 today’s playdate with comcast

(hang in there, it gets better...if you get tired of reading the goofy sitcom, skip down to the bottom)

Jermaine: Hello Kim, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Jermaine. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Kim : My Issue: i sent my payment in by U.S. mail (paying three other bills as well that day) on March 26...called Tuesday April 2 because it hadn't cleared. Woman i spoke with said billing offices were closed good friday and holy monday so maybe that's w

Jermaine: We are proud of our Customer Guarantee, which includes being here for you, 24/7! You have reached the right person, and I would be glad to assist you with your Billing concern today.

Jermaine: I understand that you have inquiry if the payment sent has already posted on the account.

Jermaine: I will be more than happy to help you on checking this for you today, Kim.

Jermaine: I will exhaust all options to assist you today and I assure you that we would be able to come up with a resolution together on this chat by providing you with the information you need.

Jermaine: Let me go ahead and access the account so that I can assist you further.

Kim : okay...i just am getting really nervous with having sent my bill on the 3.26.13 and it's not processed yet and today is 4.6.13.... so i REALLY want to know whether the location in jensen beach is open today for me to run to the bank and cancel that check then run to the office and pay over the counter...but i can't find it

Kim : find them online i mean

Kim : to find out what their hours are today

Jermaine: Oh, let me verify, you would like to check the office hours for Jensen beach local office, correct?

Kim : all the other bills is sent on that date were cleared---two by 3.28!!! and one by 4.2

Kim : ye

Kim : yep

Jermaine: No problem.

Jermaine: I will check on the payment history on the account for you

Jermaine: May I also please have the last 4 digits of the SSN to ensure the security of your account?

Kim : xxxx

Jermaine: Thank you so much for providing the information.Please give me a minute or two to pull up your account.

Kim : and also tell me what the last notation is on it from the last time i called...please?

Jermaine: While waiting, you can check out Comcast.net. Comcast.net is a one stop personalizable website for up-to-the-minute information on news, weather, finance, sports, entertainment, travel and more. To learn about these and other great Comcast features for Video, High Speed and Digital Voice visit www.comcast.net

Kim : and when i tried to call in a little bit ago the recording came on with high volume of people calling ... the billing office! ... i presume i'm not the only one with this question? is there a reason the processing isn't happening?

Kim : hello?

Jermaine: Thanks for waiting, Kim.

Jermaine: I have accessed the account.

Jermaine: May I know how much is the payment that was sent last 03/26/13 so that I can assist you further?

Kim : 59 something...isn't that on the account?

Kim : whatever the amount due reads...i think...59.41...?

Jermaine: I am now checking if that payment has reflected, Kim.

Jermaine: I have checked the account, however, there is no payment that has reflected for the payment that has been sent last 03/26/13.

Kim : i know that. that's why i'm "calling"!!

Kim : i want to know the times jensen beach location is open so i can go pay it by hand after i cancel the check that's lost somewhere... am i the only one whose payment is lost at the moment?

Jermaine: Oh, no problem.

Jermaine: Let me check that local office information.

Jermaine: I have now the list of the local offices in your area.

Kim : ok

Jermaine: You may view the local office hours on this link: 005E87104ADB0B4A944E5DE8C06BCB5C5012BF99C6BCDBA978989121B1987F771CBC3F73233D23A4BA1FDEB249C3061E961A314D1B09F2B86CA4FD674CB086DF2CF139B8F03F974CCB147483E59F367DC59049E15571E72D499F4916882EA2EB452C5D1C7A5BB3BE918F925A27605071B9C97C20E1EBBC8C3D39B8325B77B0702B8CA2F3EF74D4BF6BA" target="_blank">https://www.comcast.com/paymentCenters/FindPaymentCenters.cspx?eqs=F8598CAA29BA0CC062A3FCE52A1EE904638FDF433D1B36E834494F31B165A91505DFAB4B433C9A0A247F784394B871863A1F5DD1F2D715BC8C2852972005E87104ADB0B4A944E5DE8C06BCB5C5012BF99C6BCDBA978989121B1987F771CBC3F73233D23A4BA1FDEB249C3061E961A314D1B09F2B86CA4FD674CB086DF2CF139B8F03F974CCB147483E59F367DC59049E15571E72D499F4916882EA2EB452C5D1C7A5BB3BE918F925A27605071B9C97C20E1EBBC8C3D39B8325B77B0702B8CA2F3EF74D4BF6BA

Jermaine: As I have checked, local offices hours is from Monday-Friday: 8:00am-6:00pm.

Kim : okay. so what are the chance that the check would be there and clear in the next...48 or 72 hours? where are you located?

Jermaine: If the payment sent is a check, let me set expectation that it will take 5-7 business days for it to be posted on the account.

Jermaine:  Is there anything else I can assist you with further, I'll be more than happy to help you with any other concerns you may have.

Kim : 5-7 business days sooooo...means sending on the 26th with a friday-monday four day weekend, that's seven days so far, right? and please confirm that there will be no late charges until....what date? because i in good faith (and lots of headaches and trouble right now tracking and tracking...) will be exceedingly unhappy if i incur a late charge at this point in my "relationship" with comcast. does my "notes" section indicate that i called on 4.2.13?

Jermaine: As I have checked here, there is no late fee that has been added and reflected on the account.

Kim : 1) at what point would there be? and 2) do you see where i called on 4.2.13?

Jermaine: And I can also see here that you have contacted last 04/02/13 and inquired if the payment has been posted, however, no payment has been posted yet at that date.

Jermaine: A late fee is assessed for all balances not paid beyond the billing date.

Kim : okay. thank you. you mean the NEXT billing date...?

Jermaine: Yes, that is correct.

Jermaine: As for the check payment, what I can recommend is contact the bank where the check is associated with to find out if that payment went through on their system.

Jermaine: You are most welcome!

Jermaine:  Is there any thing else that I can help you with today?

Kim : it has not. and when i look online at my comcast acct., it's still showing that i owe it. it's very frustrating. because i have paid it! no i don't think you can at this point. thanks for the info on the jensen beach location
Type Here:Analyst is typing.
   
I am glad I have resolved your inquiry today.

Jermaine: We have outlined no additional steps as everything has been accounted for, and I can assure you the appropriate steps have been taken today so you can definitely consider this issue resolved.

Jermaine: It's been my pleasure to have assisted you and resolved your billing concern.I am happy you contacted Comcast today.Have a great day and take care, Kim !

Jermaine: If you need assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us through Live Chat (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Comcast also offers great FAQ and Help forums located at www.Comcast.net to help you solve many issues on your own. You can also reach us through our Hotline 1-800-9346489 or 1-800-XFINITY. Thank you for contacting Comcast! We appreciate your business!

Kim : i did check with the bank...but it isn't cleared...i check there first and t hen comcast and then the bank and then comcast and then the bank and then comcast...sure would like to know where that check is and why it's taking comcast so long to process it.

Kim : see you later.


Then there’s the survey...I pretty much skipped down to the last question that I have “very highly” been involved in trying and trying and trying to deal with an issue and wrote this in the comment section:

customer guarantee thing...got to #3 and decided to skip down to this.  i always find the reps friendly...but sometimes i get conflicting information.  i had an altercation with comcast for five months SOLELY because there were too many cooks in the kitchen led by someone in the philippines who didn't know what he was doing and that was perpetuated with every subsequent call (at least once a week) for five months.  five.  finally, i think his name was napoleon? resolved it--i think.  and your survey does not address this issue. the issue of actually fixing it as opposed to saying it's fixed. ALSO when a rep says they'll do something and then they say they can't really prove it (by sending or printing a receipt, etc.) it's annoying then to be asked if it's resolved in a survey especially when it's a week or so later that the crashing blow surprise is that it isn't or that a NEW stupidity has been somehow added or redirected or...completed on top of whatever the original issue was...  in the last five months---whether online chat, on the phone or even in person at the jensen beach location, only ONE PERSON finally fixed the issue (napoleon?).  BUT THEN the very next billing cycle, i YAY saw that it was for the correct amount!!! but when i sent in my payment...two weeks ago...it still has not cleared.  it's exceedingly frustrating to spend more time dealing with what could be so simple as paying a bill than i spend with my best friend.  by the way, the visiting technician in the midst of all this...in january?..., was AWESOME.  but your people on the phone...and over the counter, seem to keep hitting the wrong buttons on my account...  i just don't understand.  i love the product--xfinity...but comcast the company? not so much.  now i have to drive over to the bank to cancel a check and then drive on monday, after a long day at work, in horrendous rush hour traffic, to stand in that horrific line of unhappy people just to pay a bill that i have already paid once.  so...what exactly IS the customer service guarantee?

I should have added (but I only now thought of it): is it the guarantee that we will indeed need a lot of customer service?


Update: this very day, after all that (which of course includes the call I made last Tuesday) the mail came and in it an envelope from comcast.  In it was (and I am ANGRY that my camera is dead!!!) my check made out to them stapled to a form letter that said it was being returned to me because it was damaged by the postal delivery folks in GA!!!!   Seriously?   It didn’t look like the kind of damage that would preclude PAYING MY BILL so now I’m out fifty cents because of the post office? Because of comcast?  LISTEN UP COMCAST, if you cared even a pinky toe’s worth for your customers, you’d’ve applied that payment or at the very least you’d’ve made a note in the file so instead of me calling a hundred times the FIRST time the rep could say, it says here the payment was damaged and is being sent back to you.  THAT seems so easy.  And do not tell me that the world doesn’t work that way because I KNOW it doesn’t...and comcast is to customer service what an IED is to peace and love. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim - I am sorry that this incident occurred. I I will reach out to my local colleagues and shared your experience. We will make sure that this is addressed for you.

    If you don't mind, will you please contact me, include your account info and a link to this page as a point of reference?

    Thanks,

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for caring, Mark...but...I am uncomfortable with giving out my account information for any reason. AND when I googled you just now, you say this very same thing to a whole lot of unhappy customers.

      I am no longer unhappy. I have finally resolved all my issues with comcast. All my systems are working, the billing is fixed, and I'm just paying close attention that my billing is accurate and timely.

      (Have you SEEN how many times you show up on people's blogs with the same message? Your English is getting better, so that's good.)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete